From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (Vietnamese language: Đại học Quốc gia Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh) is one of the two largest national universities in Vietnam (the other is Vietnam National University, Hanoi, founded on 27th January 1995 and reorganized on 12th February 2001 under the Decision no. 15/2001/QĐ-TTg by the Prime Minister of Vietnam Phan Van Khai). The university now provides graduate and postgraduate (master, doctor education) education with 35,391 students, including:
- 120 professionals in university degree
- 83 professionals in postgraduate (master)
- 82 professionals in doctorate
The education professionals cover: technology, natural sciences, basic sciences, social and humanity sciences, literature, foreign languages, business….The professors and lecturers include: 2,582 (as of 2006), of which 1,900 lecturers (1008 master, 170 professors and PD). The headoffice of the university is located in ward Linh Trung, Thu Duc District, Thu Duc University Village, Ho Chi Minh City. The university is planning a new campus project with the area of 643.7 ha.
Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City was founded on 27 January 1995 by a government decree 16/CP on the basis of merge of 9 universities (members): (University of Ho Chi Minh City, Thu Duc Technology Training University, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Ho Chi Minh City University of Agriculture and Sylviculture, University of Economics, University of Accounting and Finance, Ho Chi Minh City Pedagogical University, Ho Chi Minh City Architecture University, Branch of Law University of Hanoi into 8 members and officially declared on 6 February 1996. On 12th February 2001, Vietnamese Prime Minister Phan Văn Khải signed a Decision no. 15/2001/QĐ-TTg on reorganization of this University. According to which, Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City, the same applied for Vietnam National University, Hanoi, shall have specific internal organization and activity (unlike the one applicable for other Vietnamese universities), will be given priority to involve in education of postgraduate and science research of various spheres of technologies, to be a pioneer in education and science, to contribute significantly to the country’s economic and scientific development. Also in this decision, some member universities were split from Ho Chi Minh City National University and came under the management of the Ministry of Education. At present, Ho Chi Minh City National University consists of 5 member universities and a faculty, namely:
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Natural Sciences
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Ho Chi Minh City International University
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Information Technology
- Ho Chi Minh City Faculty of Economics
Members of Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM)
Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City includes the following members:
High School for Gifted Secondary School Students
The school offers education of subjects: Mathematics, IT, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature, English. To be a student of High School for Gifted, one needs to pass a tough and strict exam. Usually 30 top students from approximately 4000+ will be admitted. for each subjects. The requirements for entrance exams are subjected to change each year. However, the specialized subject cannot be lowered than 6 out of 10. The total score varies from 24 to 30 depending on what subject students choose to take. Teachers are usually professors from various campus of National University of Vietnam. Furthermore, for specialized subjects, students are supposed to learn up to freshmen or sophomore level in college.
This university offers:
- Education of engineers of: IT, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electricity – Electronics, Construction and Civil, Applied Sciences, Industrial Management, Environment Management, Geology – Petroleum Engineering, Transportation Engineering, Materials Technology
- Master Degree: Drilling and Petrochemical Engineering, Biology, MBA, Technical Physics, Mineral Geology and Exploration, Environmental Geology, Geological Technics, Mapping, Remote Sensing, Applied Maths, Computer Sciences,Technical Mechanics, Engine Manufacture Engineering, Rough Draft Production, Industry System, automobile Technics & Tack, Electrical grid and generator, Automation, Electronics, Chemical Engineering, Thermal Engineering, Chemical Process and Equipment, Geodesy, Food and Beverage Technology, Civil and Construction, Bride Construction Engineering, Road Construction Engineering, Waterway Construction Engineering, Offshore Structural Construction, Geotechnology, Construction Materials and construction materials Engineering, Construction Management, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Metal Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Construction Equipment.
- Doctoral Degree: Business Administration, Technical Physics, Quaternary geology, geo-tectonic, Mapping, Food and Beverage Processing, Engine Manufacturing Engineering, Textile Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Organic Chemical Engineering, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Material Shaping Engineering, Airconditioning Engineering, Thermal Equipment Engineering, New Energy, Geodesy, Food and Beverage Technology, Civil and Construction, Bride Construction Engineering, Road Construction Engineering, Waterway Construction Engineering, Offshore Structural Construction, Geotechnology, Construction Materials and construction materials Engineering, Construction Management, Inorganic Chemical Engineering, Metal Engineering, Polymer Engineering, Environmental Technology, Environmental Management, Construction Equipment.
- University level education of: Maths and IT, IT, Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Biology, Biotech, Environmental Sciences, Material Sciences.
- College level of: IT, Electronics, Math – Applied IT
- University level education of: Philosophy, Literature and Press, International Relations, Orient Research, History, English Literature, Russian Literature, French Literature, Chinese Literature, German Literature, Geography, Social Study, Education Study, Library – Information, Vietnamese Study and Vietnamese language for foreigner.
- In cooperation with University of Nottingham, University of the West of England, Auckland University of Technology. Diploma may be issued by National University or by its partners. University level education of: IT, Biotech, Electronics and Telecommunication, Business Administration.
- University level education of: Computer Sciences, Computer Technology, Software, Internet Admin, Info Network.
Faculty of Economics
- University level education of: Economics, External Economics, Community Economics, Finance and Banking, Accounting/Auditing, Info Network, Business Administration, Business Law, International Trade Law.
Environmental and Natural Resources Institute
- Software Park
- Central Library
- Center for IT Development
- Center for International Training
- Test Center
- National Defense Education
- Foreign Language Center
- Service Center
- Publishing House
- The English homepage of Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City
- Website of the School of talented pupils – a subsidiary of VNU-HCM
- Website of Ho Chi Minh City Technology University, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of Natural Sciences University, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of Ho Chi Minh City Social Sciences and Humanity, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of National University, a member of VNU-HCM
- Website of IT University, a member of NU-HCM
- Website of Faculty of Economics, VNU-HCM
- Website of Central Library, VNU-HCM
- Website of VNU-HCM Hostel Administration